Organizing for this year’s 15th Annual CCCA ArtsWalk is already underway. The CCCA would like to take this early opportunity to inform its artist members of its plans in order for them to have advance notice of the criteria for submission, if they intend to participate. Download the PDF application here.
THE MEMBERS OPEN SHOW will include a minimum of 1 piece to be shown from any member artist submitting. Each member will be represented provided that the guidelines for submission have been met.
MEMBERS’ OPEN SHOW
1. Artist must be a current member of the CCCA.* (No artist has ever been excluded from ArtsWalk for lack of ability to pay.)
2. All work submitted should have been created from 2006 to the present.
3. Work should not have been shown in the previous ArtsWalk exhibits.
4. SUBMISSIONS FOR CONSIDERATION MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN SATURDAY, JULY, 25 2009. NO EXCEPTIONS!
5. Artists may submit representations of up to 6 pieces of painting, photography, sculpture, video, installation or original works on paper in the form of digital / photographic prints, or CDs .
6. Each submission should be marked with artist’s name, title of work, framed size, medium, price, and date.
7. All work MUST BE WIRE HUNG AND READY for installation, and sale.
8. CCCA charges a 30% commission on sales for all work shown during ArtsWalk
8. Artists are responsible for delivering selected artwork to their designated exhibition location by, drop off deadline, to be determined, sometime in September. Artists are also responsible for the timely pickup of work after the Exhibition closes.
THE PERFORMING ARTS AT ARTSWALK are being expanded this year; the Performing Arts Showcase will be back as well as other theatrical, dance and music offerings. Proposals and questions concerning The Performing Arts at ArtsWalk may be directed the same as visual art submissions. For more information and to be considered, please contact ArtsWalk Co Chairs Chad Weckler and RobRoy MacGregor at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact CCCA at 518-671-6213, email@example.com or the office and gallery at 209 Warren Street in Hudson.
*A “hanging fee” of $30 or three-hours of volunteer time during ArtsWalk is also required. This is not a “fee”, but a correction of a situation in which some artists have donated uncountable hours of work and others have not. Some artists happily opt to pay the fee rather than to work. This allows us to hire youngartists desirous of work to help out with the enormous logistical task of mounting ArtsWalk.
Filed under: Uncategorized |